- Veteran Owned & Operated
- Military Grade Materials
- Local Customer Support
- Unmatched Competitive Pricing
- Family Run & Cared For
SGT KNOTS® Zero Gravity Style Chair Universal Replacement Lace Kit made with premium quality polyester shock (bungee) cord finished with metal stopper clips at the end of each cord. Most "zero gravity" style chair manufacturers use polypropylene bungee cord which does not have good abrasion and UV characteristics - resulting in the cord losing elasticity.
SGT KNOTS® Replacement Laces are made with ultra-premium bungee cord with an extra cover polyester cover - which greatly increases durability to UV rays and abrasion. Kit comes complete with: (2) 3/16" x 36" lengths, and (2) 3/16" x 74" lengths - each cord end is finished with a solid brass stopper clip. Brass stopper clips make the replacement of the original lacing much easier than using replacement cord without stopper clips.
Instructions on how to repair your zero gravity chair by replacing the stretch laces / cord with SGT KNOTS universal repair kit. (Pictures of the process will be added to these instructions, as soon as we get them)
- Your chair (and kit) should have four separate laces œ two long and two short. The short cords are for the top and the long cords are for the seat. Start by removing the top (shorter) lace from ONE side of your chair (it is very important that you one remove and replace one at a time).
- Using a short cord from your new kit start to lace the cord in the same manner that the original cord was laced œ use the opposite side of the chair as a reference. The brass stopper clip should be positioned at the back of the chair. The stopper clip is held in place by folding the cord at a 90 degree angle œ which creates a pulling the cord taunt (not super tight) will hold the cord stopper in place.
- Using the same technique, replace the cord on the lower side of the chair. Please note: your original chair may have been double-laced. The replacement bungee cord in your SGT KNOTS kit is a heavy-duty cord and does not need to be double-laced.
- Repeat the same process on the other side of your chair.
Recent Blog Posts
It’s often said, “too much of a good thing can be bad,” and this is completely true in the case of running! While running boasts several benefits for your overall health, like improved circulation, cardiovascular endurance, and reduced stress, it...
Adding an outdoor rope fence to your space is a stylish and cost-effective way to mark off property lines, dress up the dock’s gangway, frame in a space, or accentuate hardscapes or landscapes filled with your favorite flowers or garden...
When it comes to choosing the right rope for the job, it helps to know what variables are at play, like working load, rope tension, and tensile strength of rope. But exactly what is working load, what is tensile strength,...