- Veteran Owned & Operated
- Military Grade Materials
- Local Customer Support
- Unmatched Competitive Pricing
- Family Run & Cared For
SGT KNOTS® Bonded Nylon Sewing Thread is made to military specifications, and can't be beat for its versatility and durability in a wide variety of wilderness/survival uses. Nylon thread is also great for heavy-duty clothing repairs, mending things around the house, and a range of arts and crafts projects. This Size #69 nylon is the perfect blend of small size and high strength, allowing for smooth stitching in heavy fabrics and confident use in heavy-duty situations. With a breaking strength of approximately 11 lbs., your nylon thread will be able to handle all but the most extreme situations.
- Size: #69, 16oz. spool | 6,000 yards
- Colors: Black, and White
- Gov't: E
- Average Yards/Pound: 6,000
- Average Break Strength: 11lbs
- Elongation: 26%
- Diameter: 0.0115
- Sticks at 445° Fahrenheit. Melts at 485° to 500° Fahrenheit. Yellows slightly at 300° Fahrenheit when held for 5 hours.
- Can be bleached in most bleaching solutions. Generally insoluble in most organic solvents. Soluble in some phenolic compounds.
- Unaffected by most mineral acids, except hot mineral acids. Dissolves with partial decomposition in concentrated solutions of hydrochloric, sulfuric, and nitric acids. Soluble in formic acids. Substantially inert in alkalis.
- Excellent resistance to mildew, aging and abrasion. Prolonged exposure to sunlight causes some deterioration.
- Dyes used are disperse, acid and pre-metalized are usually preferred, but most other classes are allowed.
Recent Blog Posts
It’s often said, “too much of a good thing can be bad,” and this is completely true in the case of running! While running boasts several benefits for your overall health, like improved circulation, cardiovascular endurance, and reduced stress, it...
Adding an outdoor rope fence to your space is a stylish and cost-effective way to mark off property lines, dress up the dock’s gangway, frame in a space, or accentuate hardscapes or landscapes filled with your favorite flowers or garden...
When it comes to choosing the right rope for the job, it helps to know what variables are at play, like working load, rope tension, and tensile strength of rope. But exactly what is working load, what is tensile strength,...