- Veteran Owned & Operated
- Military Grade Materials
- Local Customer Support
- Unmatched Competitive Pricing
- Family Run & Cared For
SGT KNOTS® Bonded Nylon Sewing Thread is made to military specifications, and can't be beat for its versatility and durability in a wide variety of wilderness/survival uses. Nylon thread is also great for heavy-duty clothing repairs, mending things around the house, and a range of arts and crafts projects. This Size #69 nylon is the perfect blend of small size and high strength, allowing for smooth stitching in heavy fabrics and confident use in heavy-duty situations. With a breaking strength of approximately 11 lbs., your nylon thread will be able to handle all but the most extreme situations.
- Size: #69, 16oz. spool | 6,000 yards
- Colors: Black, and White
- Gov't: E
- Average Yards/Pound: 6,000
- Average Break Strength: 11lbs
- Elongation: 26%
- Diameter: 0.0115
- Sticks at 445° Fahrenheit. Melts at 485° to 500° Fahrenheit. Yellows slightly at 300° Fahrenheit when held for 5 hours.
- Can be bleached in most bleaching solutions. Generally insoluble in most organic solvents. Soluble in some phenolic compounds.
- Unaffected by most mineral acids, except hot mineral acids. Dissolves with partial decomposition in concentrated solutions of hydrochloric, sulfuric, and nitric acids. Soluble in formic acids. Substantially inert in alkalis.
- Excellent resistance to mildew, aging and abrasion. Prolonged exposure to sunlight causes some deterioration.
- Dyes used are disperse, acid and pre-metalized are usually preferred, but most other classes are allowed.